Google just concluded its I/O 2017 keynote where google announced Android is gaining official support for the Kotlin programming language, in addition to Java and C++.
* Java 6 bytecode compatible
* Small runtime (900 kb)
* Reduce common error
* Reduce boilerplate
* Improve Android API
* Consistency in the code and build
* Higher order functions, properties, mixins and delegation
* Extension function
* Static nullability checking
* Inline functions, operator – overloading, string interpolation, pattern matching
* First class IDE support with java converter, default parameters, infix methods and more
Kotlin comes from industry, not academia. It solves common headaches faced by Android developers and working programmers today such as runtime exceptions and source code verbosity, the type system helps you avoid null pointer exceptions
Kotlin is an open source programming language costs nothing to adopt!