PHP is one of the widely used languages for web design and development. PHP is a server-side scripting language run a web server that is designed to create applications and dynamic pages. As a web development PHP is very fast and secure. PHP runs on platforms such as Windows, Linux, etc. It has been compatible with open source software integration, such as Drupal, Joomla, Typo3, etc. A PHP framework supports the creation and collaborative development of applications in PHP.
Let’s explore the best PHP frameworks :
1) Laravel: Laravel is a free open-source framework that was created by Taylor Otwell in 2011 and has become the most popular free, open-source PHP framework in the world. Laravel is compatible with third-party libraries and platforms. Amazon web services(AMS) is a good example as it develops highly-scalable applications. Laravel supports rapid application development on any web hosting for PHP which has inbuilt features. It has built-in support for localization, views, dealing with sessions and with some other features.
2) Codeigniter: Codeigniter works in the architecture of the Model view controller (MVC). It is a PHP framework used for developing dynamic websites. Codeigniter is a lightweight and faster PHP framework that is hassle-free to install. It is used to develop lightweight applications to run on modest servers. The entire source code for CodeIgniter around 2MB which makes it easy to master CodeIgniter and how it works. Codeigniter consists of libraries, logical structure, and simple interface to access plug-ins and some other resources to solve the complex functions of PHP.
3) YII: The Yii framework stands for Yes, it is and is a backend development framework released in 2008. YII is high performance & component-based PHP framework which are used for developing modern web applications like content management system(CMS), e-commerce project, portals and so on. It is integrated with Ajax and Jquery. It is suitable for developing high traffic applications. YII contains features like query builder, an active record for NoSQL and relational databases.
4) Symfony: Symfony was launched in 2005 and is used to develop large-scale enterprise projects which can be installed & configure on most of the platforms. It is the best PHP framework for big enterprise software development applications. Symphony components use reusable PHP libraries which makes various work easier such as form creation, object configuration routing authentication and may others.
5) Cake PHP: Cake PHP was one of the first frameworks of PHP which was based on MVC and it is an open-source platform introduced in 2005. It allows you to develop simple and attractive applications. The main advantage of Cake PHP is it’s 100% backward compatibility and its instantly upgradable. CakePHP is built upon the CRUD Framework (Create-Read-Update-Delete).
Choosing the ideal framework for your project has never been easier. Make a choice and create a web app with a guide on the best PHP frameworks.